INTRAW will play a key role in the alignment of the R&I activities among the EU countries, boosting synergies with international research and innovation programmes, and reinforcing the European role and scientific capabilities for the sustainable access and supply of raw materials for EU industry in line with the SIP of the EIP on Raw Materials.
The project will:
- Enhance the EU’s scientific capabilities in the raw materials area in the mid-term and long-term;
- Promote evidence-based policies and appropriate, cost-effective management, planning and adaptation decisions by the public sector;
- Contribute to the transparency and harmonization of mineral policies all over the EU;
- Enable a better alignment of the R&I activities among the EU research facilities and universities, boosting synergies with international research and innovation programmes;
- Benefit the EU industry conditions for sustainable access and supply of raw materials (within the EU); and
- Foster a stable and synergetic cooperation with technologically advanced countries.
The services offered by the European Union’s International Observatory for Raw Materials will be free of charge for all users in Europe and for users from technologically advanced countries that wish to participate in bilateral or multilateral cooperation schemes.
Such services will include:
- A comprehensive database on cooperation opportunities between EU/individual EU members and international cooperation countries;
- Industry-financed grants and other research cooperation activities;
- Information on events relevant for international cooperation on raw materials;
- Communication activities towards the active development of R&I activities between the EU, individual EU member and technologically advanced countries.